Thursday, June 9, 2011

Far and Away

So I know it's been FOREVER since I last posted, but so many things have happened in the last 6 months that posting just wasn't an option! After graduation I went down to Moab to stay with my family while Chris went out to Ohio for job interviews. After 6 weeks apart--yes, 6 weeks--Chris and I finally reunited after he secured a job working for Honda. We headed back up to Rexburg to get our stuff out of storage and move it out to Ohio but when we got there our storage unit was frozen shut. What a "welcome back" from the coldest place on earth! Chris worked his magic with a blow torch and we eventually got our stuff loaded up (thanks Rob and Kaylyn). We then headed out to Ohio travelling around 14 hours a day and I absolutely loathed it! We arrived in Ohio on Valentine's Day.

In March I was able to fly out west and be there when Gordon got home from his mission. I flew into Arizona and rode up and back with Krystle and Natalie. He looked so handsome and it was such a spiritual experience for me! I could tell right away that Gordon had matured in the gospel and had grown so much from his mission experience. I have to say, though, some things never change! All of the brotherly qualities Gordon had when he left were still present when he got home! I had so much fun and that trip was probably one of the best I've had with my family yet! It's a big change to live so far away from my family, and it's been hard for me, but the older I get the more I realize that I need to cherish those times because they will come fewer and farther between.

Once we got to Ohio we stayed with Chris's parents for a few months and we are so grateful to them for their hospitality and pateince in putting up with us! We are now living in Marysville so Chris can be close to work. After many episodes of experiencing life in Ohio (humid weather, LOTS of bugs, 4-wheeler accidents, etc.) we are finally adjusting. We like our ward and have met lots of friendly people and can foresee our life here.

4 comments:

Jen Carter said...

You finally blogged! I like your blogging style. Short and sweet. You put all that info into just a few paragraphs. Glad things are going well for you! I hope they just keep getting better and better.

Jeremy,Jennie said...

Awesome, I'm glad you're okay with seeing a future in OH, I'm sure that Chris is just happy as can be :). It seems like just yesterday you were talking about your brother leaving on his mission, it's crazy how fast time goes!!!! Thanks for the update :)

David and Natalie Reheis said...

OH MY GOSH!! I didn't know you updated!!!! Hallelujah! :) LOVE YOU!!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Wow Ohio huh? ID'tK that. Congrats I guess...but then we will see you even less probably. We always have the blog so keep posting! Love the new couches!