Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some Projects




Here are some pictures of the projects Chris has done for his Advanced CNC class. This is an advanced programming class for different types of computerized machinery. Chris had to create the designs and write the codes for the cutting process. For the brass heart, he used a wire EDM; for the name plate, he used a CNC mill; and for the Horse head, Chris used a CNC plasma cutter. I don't know what all of that means, exactly, but I really like what he has been able to do! He is so creative and comes home with all of these ideas for his next project!

Chris originally planned to make the brass heart as a key chain ornament to give me for my birthday, but it turned out bigger than I thought it would! The name plate says "HANSEN" and has a Bugatti symbol on the left and a football helmet on the right (I really liked this one when he brought it home!). And the Horse head cut-out is actually a gift for Chris's mom. He created the branding symbol (her initials) in the bottom right corner. I am so proud of Chris and the hard work he puts forth in all of his classes and I can't wait to see what he brings home next!

5 comments:

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Ooh I really like the heart!!! Good job Chris!

Kjohnson said...

I really love the heart too. Tell Chris I want one for Christmas? and p.s. Nicole your comment on my blog made me laugh. Remember we were reading bikes that night and some boys had just driven by and shouted "get a car!" I think it was shortly after that my bike tire hit some gravel and I lost it.

Kjohnson said...

sorry i meant we were riding bikes obviously. apparently i cannot multi-task.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Ooh I like that picture you put up on your header!!!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Very cool! What a fun class!