Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Picture, New Car

36 Weeks

Here is a picture at 36 weeks. I feel so big and uncoordinated and just about every part of me is swollen (see Natalie, it did happen:)) As of today we have exactly one month until our little William Christopher is due but I'm hoping I don't have to wait that long! And according to my mom, I won't. She is wagering my little one will arrive on Mother's Day and I would be perfectly fine with that:)
I now have weekly doctor's appointments and am getting anxious about being ready for our little guy. I feel like there is so much to do and not enough time to do it! I am also starting to feel a little nervous about both labor/delivery and the fact that I'm going to me a mom...A MOM! I've taken care of siblings and babysat on so many occasions that I couldn't even begin to count up, yet the idea that this is my baby--my responsibility wholly (and Chris's too)--is overwhelming. So don't be at all surprised if my blog turns into an "I need advice" blog in the near future:)

The title also states that Chris and I got a new car so I should probably mention that or Chris would be thoroughly disappointed. We actually won the car in an online poker tournament and are now worried about paying the taxes on it...............totally kidding! Chris and I have been saving our pennies and dimes waiting for an opportunity to purchase a new vehicle. We both feel a lot better about toting around our baby in this new car and have been very pleased with it so far. We feel so blessed to have the job we have, the (new) car we have, the apartment we have, and to be bringing a baby into this world. Life is pretty darn good and it's all too easy for us to forget how fortunate we truly are. We know that we owe all of our blessings to our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ.

Exterior shot

Interior shot

Anywho, we will be sure to keep you all updated on baby news and hopefully you'll hear from us sooner rather than later:)

4 comments:

aunt nancy said...

You look totally gorgeous! (I wanted to say 'huge', but that wouldn't be nice.) 'Huge' is a good thing though. They are healthier that way. I'm so excited for you. Love ya!

Jenalee said...

I can't believe you are so close... That pregnancy just flew by for me!

I have absolutely NO worries about you knowing how to be an amazing mother. You will know what and how to do the things you need to do when you need to do them. It's true that babies don't come with a handbook, but you are blessed with intuition and a mother's heart. You are amazing and you can TOTALLY do it!

And of course, if you ever do need a titch of advice, we are all here to help and cheer you on.

Being a mother is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and you are going to do GREAT!

Jeremy,Jennie said...

Nicole you look amazing!! I really am SO happy for you!!!!! Everything will just come naturally to you, you'll be surprised :). And that is a sweet car, I bet Chris is in love!

Tara Fischbeck said...

How exciting for both the count down to birth and your new car too! Good luck these next few weeks! You will be a fantastic mother!